Monday, September 17, 2007

Thanks for asking!

I received a lovely personalized note today from a young lady who is either in Canada or the UK, depending on how one reads her email address. Sadly, my Spam filter intercepted her kindly email, but I was touched by her concern anyway and I thought she raised an interested question. Here is what she had to say:

"Hi sean Do women really care about penis size? The answer is yes yaman elker"

So to my new friend Yaman, wherever she may be, I must reply: I don't know. Is my penis size a common topic of discussion where you are? Perhaps there are places where this is the case. I certainly hope the women don't worry about it too much. I don't. But thanks for writing, Yaman. Do keep in touch.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

I have received correspondence from her as well. I don't believe that her name is actually "yaman elker."

"Yes Yaman Elker!" is a phrase common to indigenous immigrant populations originating from the Eastern Formerly Prussia Zone of the now E.U. The specific etymology is not known, but the "yaman elker" portion seems to function as a simple emphatic.

The effect of the entire phrase is similar to "Yah, You Bet!" as uttered by the expedition's big Swede guide Lars in the Filmation cartoon series "Journey to the Center of the Earth."